I’m joining in on Jamie’s End of the Year Survey!
There are few things in life more important to a writer than reading amazing books from other writers. It was Stephen King who said, “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have time to write.” How true this is! Reading is fuel and although I didn’t hit my goal of reading a published book a week (I’m at 49/52) and this is the FIRST year I didn’t exceed my reading goal (insert feelings of failure)… I DID manage to read about ten of my writer friend’s manuscript and I read own MS about 1900 times, so I’m going to call that a win 🙂
NUMBER OF BOOKS YOU READ: 49
NUMBER OF RE-READS: 0
GENRE YOU READ THE MOST FROM: YA FANTASY
1. BEST BOOK YOU READ IN 2015?
Queen of Shadows is going to dominate this list.
2. BOOK YOU WERE EXCITED ABOUT & THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO LOVE MORE BUT DIDN’T?
3. MOST SURPRISING (IN A GOOD WAY OR BAD WAY) BOOK YOU READ?
The Demon King series… I thought it was going to be “meh”, but I really loved it!
4. BEST SERIES YOU STARTED IN 2015? BEST SEQUEL OF 2015? BEST SERIES ENDER OF 2015?
Best series I started: Throne of Glass series (started and got caught up)
Best sequel: Please Remain Calm
Best series ender: Winter (Lunar Cycle)
5. FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR YOU DISCOVERED IN 2015?
Sarah J Mass (I know, I’m way late to this train)
6. BEST BOOK FROM A GENRE YOU DON’T TYPICALLY READ/WAS OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE?
Ready Player One… I was like, 1980s video games? But it was SO good!
7. MOST ACTION-PACKED/THRILLING/UNPUTDOWNABLE BOOK OF THE YEAR?
8. FAVORITE COVER OF A BOOK YOU READ IN 2015?
Winter (Lunar Cycle)
9. MOST MEMORABLE CHARACTER OF 2015?
ummm… Celaena/Aelin, no question!
10. MOST THOUGHT-PROVOKING/ LIFE-CHANGING BOOK OF 2015?
Living Dead Girl… man, I cried so much and didn’t stop thinking about it for awhile.
11. BOOK YOU CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WAITED UNTIL 2015 TO FINALLY READ?
The Throne of Glass series!
12. FAVORITE PASSAGE/QUOTE FROM A BOOK YOU READ IN 2015?
“She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing…” I want to be this quote! 🙂
13.SHORTEST & LONGEST BOOK YOU READ IN 2015?
Longest: WINTER (Lunar Cycle)
Shortest: LIVING DEAD GIRL
14. OTP OF THE YEAR (YOU WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP!)
Aelin and Rowan! (swoon)
15. FAVORITE NON-ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP OF THE YEAR
Aelin and Lysandra!
16. FAVORITE BOOK YOU READ IN 2015 FROM AN AUTHOR YOU’VE READ PREVIOUSLY
The Body Electric (Beth Revis)
17. BEST BOOK YOU READ IN 2015THAT YOU READ BASED SOLELY ON A RECOMMENDATION FROM SOMEBODY ELSE/PEER PRESSURE:
18. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH FROM A BOOK YOU READ IN 2015?
19. BEST WORLDBUILDING/MOST VIVID SETTING YOU READ THIS YEAR?
20. BOOK THAT PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE/WAS THE MOST FUN TO READ?
21. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY OR NEARLY CRY IN 2015?
22. BOOK THAT CRUSHED YOUR SOUL?
23. MOST UNIQUE BOOK YOU READ IN 2015?
The entire Lunar Chronicles series… such a unique twist on fairy tales!
1. ONE BOOK YOU DIDN’T GET TO IN 2015 BUT WILL BE YOUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY IN 2016?
SO many! But the first book on my TBR pile is Six of Crows
2. BOOK YOU ARE MOST ANTICIPATING FOR 2016 (NON-DEBUT)?
3. 2016 DEBUT YOU ARE MOST ANTICIPATING?
4. ONE THING YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH OR DO IN YOUR READING LIFE IN 2016?
Read a PUBLISHED book a week.