I’m Destiny Cole, a YA writer, lover of books, and unapologetic fangirl. I also work in digital marketing and social media.
I write YA books because I’ll never forget the process I went through to discover who I was, what my passions were (outside of kissing cute boys), and what I wanted to do with my life. A process that I repeated over and over because that’s the great thing about being young: It’s “coming-of-age” not “and then one day she became an adult.”
I did indeed eventually grow up (sort of) and have lived a pretty full life so far! I married a cute Belgian and moved to Europe for almost five years; I’ve traveled extensively throughout Europe and the Middle East, even living on the tiny island of Cyprus (near Turkey) for six months; I have written for economic publications and non-profits and airline schools; and let’s not forget my trilogy… kid trilogy that is! I have three fabulous little blondies and the greatest dog on the planet.
Five things you may not know about me:
1. I have three tattoos and each one has a mate. Apparently, I can only get a tattoo if someone else is going to get the exact one with me! This has only gone bad once. Note: never get a matching tattoo with your boyfriend when you’re 18.
2. When I’ve been staring at a computer screen too much that day, instead of reading myself to sleep, I stream one of my favorite movies on my phone and listen to it like an audio book.
3. I am equally obsessed with both celebrity gossip and economics. I can tell you which celebrity is dating who and in the next breath explain why quantitative easing never works the way governments want it to.
4. I have an aversion to most veggies because I just think they taste horrible. I eat them, I just don’t enjoy it.
5. One of my favorite movies in the entire world is WILLOW. I even named the main character in one of my books Willow and it took everything in me to not make someone at one point tell her, “Willow, you iiiiidiot.”
Whether it’s fantastical worlds or creepy villains, Destiny Cole wants to tell the kind of stories that stay with you long after the last page is turned. Writing primarily YA thriller and mystery books, Destiny is repped by Kirsten Carleton at Prospect Agency. She and her family currently reside in Dallas, Texas.